4IP Group offers internship programs in a variety of fields encompassing impact investing, business development, evaluation, and research.
Our internships provide real-world insights and exposure to actual working life, the chance to build valuable business networks and a relevant experience which can act as a foundation to interns´ career choices.
4IP seeks highly motivated undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate interns, offering them the opportunity to experience and work across multiple areas within an international company with a focus on global engagement and international development.
For partner academic institutions, our internship programme enables academia to develop a solid relationship with industry and pave the way for joint projects of mutual interest.
We invite you to navigate through our website to find out more on how you can be engaged with our company, as a potential partner or as an Intern.
Internship Purpose and Objectives
- The internships carried out at 4IP Group aim to provide the trainees with in-depth knowledge and improved management and research techniques in the thematic area of the scope of work to be carried out.
- Internships provide an understanding and an opportunity to gain real life experience in the specific areas of impact investing, international development PPPs, and evaluation.
- The internship is carried out according to a work plan previously set with the internship supervisor(s) within an agreed duration and time period.
Qualification and Selection of the Applicant
- Candidates shall have completed a Bachelor or a Master’s degree in a relevant area such as economics, management, law, international relations, marketing or shall be a full-time or part-time undergraduate or post-graduate student.
- The applicant shall have demonstrated interest in business development, finance, and international development.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing.
- The applicant must be proficient in English, the language of the internship.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment. The intern must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong written and communication skills.
- All interns complete a minimum 8-week internship.
- Selection of the applicant shall be the responsibility of 4IP Group after the submission of an application and a follow-up interview.
Internship Schedule and Activities
- Orientation/induction provided at the start of internship.
- Emphasis will be given to on-the-job training aspects of the internship. The training schedule and assignments will be patterned to permit the Intern to pursue activities within the agreed area of work.
- The work can be conducted at home (home-based work) or can take place at identified facilities, as long as the Intern is available by email, skype and/or whatsup, as previously defined with the trainee.
- The Intern will attend relevant staff meetings, and external meetings that his/her supervisor deems to be appropriate.
- When required, the Intern will attend meetings involving outside organizations.
- No travel or food expenses are reimbursable, except for previously agreed meetings or events.
Upon completing the 4IP internship, the Intern will:
- Have applied the knowledge and skills learned in academia.
- Acquire more in-depth knowledge and research techniques in the thematic area of the scope of work to be carried out.
- Gain practical experience on the job, by seeing practitioners in action.
- Improve their problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills, and hopefully confirm their career interests.
- Have general knowledge of a range of activities of a management consulting firm (e.g. professional activities, publications, government affairs).
- Understand the need for and purpose of impact investing.
- Gain a deeper understanding of international development challenges.
- Apply to the internship.
- If you are pre-selected, 4IP Group will reach out to you to gauge your interest and expected learning objectives. An interview will set-up.
- An agreement will be made as to the conditions of the internship.
If you are interested in applying for an internship in a specific area, we encourage you to review our internship policy (above) and our website for more information on our activities or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit the following documents in one electronic submission to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Application”:
- CV and/or resume
- Cover letter including the following information:
- Preferred contact information (full name, mailing address, phone/whatsup, primary email, alternate email, skype)
- Mention of prior professional experience
- Motivations and expectations
- Desired area of work
- Contacts of two references (name, primary email, phone)
- Academic transcripts (may also be sent by mail or to the address below).