Managing Partner and Lead in Connector & Enabler
Christian Kingombe in March 2017 co-founded the 4IP Group LLC where he is the Managing Partner & Lead in Connector and Enabler Impact Investing & People-First PPP activities (Advisory Services; Impact Investing Match-making & Capital Raising; and Impact Assessment) in Emerging Markets
His career included :
Postions with International Organizations [UNCTAD (2000; 2009, 2015-2016); African Development Bank (2012-2015); UNECE (2005); and ILO (2001-2004)];
Academia [(Graduate Institute Geneva (2011-12; 2016-2017); Centre for the Study of African Economies at the University of Oxford (2009-2010); and ENSAE-CREST at ParisTech (2007-2008)]; Think Tanks [Centre for Development Research (today DIIS) (1999-2000); Overseas Development Institute (2010-2012); OECD Development Centre (2007-2008); and CSEND (2016-on-going)];
and Private Sector [COWI Consulting Group (2006-2007), 4IP Group (2017-on-going)].
He has earned a Ph.D. in Applied Development Economics at successively Centre for Development and Poverty Reduction (2004-2007) & Centre for Environmental Policy (2008-2010) at Imperial College London & University of London (2004-2010), UK, as well as a MSc. & BSc. from Economics Department at the University of Copenhagen (1993-1999), Denmark.
On 8 June 2017 he obtained a Certificate of Achievement after successfully completing Fundamentals of Impact Investing: A View from the Field a course of study offered by the IIX Impact Institute.
Christian Kingombe has written more than 100 articles, working papers, book chapters, reports, policy briefs and newsletter/paper articles. He has also written widely on development finance; public private partnerships and impact investing issues including:
- Too good to let go: The Business Case of Impact Investing. The Handbook of Impact Investing: delivering blended value, measuring impacts and promoting sustainable development (Co-Editor with Pr. Elsa de Morais Sarmento, both 4IP Group) (forthcoming).
- United Nations People-First PPPs for the SDGs: Quo Vadis? Published on April 9, 2018.
- The Mapping of Lusaka’s Impact Investing Ecosystem: Introduction. Published on Oct. 30, 2017.
- Views on How to Implement a global impact investment strategy, Part 1/3. Published on May 24, 2017.
- Overcoming the global developmental and environmental challenges: The Role of capital markets and Institutional Investors (part 3/7). Published on February 27, 2017.
- Thibaut Mourgues and Christian Kingombe, (2017), How to Support African PPPs: The Role of the Enabling Environment, in João Leitão , Elsa de Morais Sarmento , João Aleluia (ed.) The Emerald Handbook of Public–Private Partnerships in Developing and Emerging Economies, pp.269 – 310. https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/978-1-78714-493-420171010
- 2016-2017: Diaspora Impact Investing Project: Identification; Preparation and Fundraising: CHF300,000 Research Grant from SNIS.
- 2017: Presentation of “Diaspora Funding for Impact Investing in Kenya”, IIX, Singapore, 8th of June 2017.
- 2016: Presentation of “From Billions to Trillions to Action: How to finance the SDGs – The Role of the Diaspora Finance,” UNCTAD, Geneva, 16 Feb.
- 2015: Presentation of ‘Mettre à profit les envois de fonds et les compétences des diasporas pour renforcer les capacités productives’, Africa21 Conférence: la diaspora africaine en Suisse: quelles dynamiques? Quel rôle pour le Programme de développement 2030 de l’ONU?, Jeudi 17 décembre, à l’OMM, Geneva.
- 2012: Presentation at Economic Forum for Congolese in the European Union ‘Mobile Banking in DRC: Opportunities and constraints for the Diaspora and investors’, Brussels, 23 March 2012. http://www.fecue.eu/ In English: http://www.acpbusinessclimate.org/PSEEF/Documents/Final/030_Summary_Proceedings_en.doc
- Diaspora Direct Investment Inflow into the Democratic Republic of Congo, CCSC Newsletter, March.
- ‘Appui a l’organisation du Forum économique Congolais dans l’Union Européenne édition 2011 – Atelier pour discuter des opportunités de financement de projets de la Diaspora. Client: BizClim (UE-ACP) http://www.fecue.eu/
- 2012 Mobile banking for catalysing diaspora investment: a leapfrogging development opportunity for the ACP and DRC. ODI Blog Posts, 24 May 2012
- 2011 A diaspora for development? The role of DRC’s diaspora in the country’s future. 8 December 2011. http://www.africa-uk.org/news/diaspora-development-role-drc%E2%80%99s-diaspora-country%E2%80%99s-future
Follow on LinkedIN